Preparing for the Future: Path to Employment
Interested in Using This Course?
Contact Megyn Jasman, Assistant Director
Built on years of research by Northwestern University Professor, Bart Hirsch, this evidence-based training is designed to cultivate marketable job skills. These job skills are developed and then assessed through a mock job interview, developed in collaboration with experienced human resource professionals. This course focuses on identifying the most promising tactics and addressing likely implementation issues.
- Preparing you for work
- Developing marketable job skills
- Finding and excelling in apprenticeships
- What human resource interviewers say about employability
- How to do well in job interviews
- Guidelines for mapping the future
Appendix 1: the Northwestern mock job interview.
- Describe the steps for obtaining a job
- Explain the difference between a resume and a job application
- Explain basic interview skills
- Understand how to accept a job offer
- Help Wanted
- Job Application
- Interviewing Skills
- Accepting the Job
- The Path to Employment Quiz